The declaration of accessibility applies to the following mobile application: Portal Pasażera
Mobile application publication date: 2019-05-09
Mobile application last update: 2022-03-23
Status in terms of compliance with the ActThe mobile application is partially compliant with the Act of 4 April 2019 on digital accessibility of websites and mobile applications of public entities due to incompatibilities or exclusions listed below.
- The „Map” tab being part of the „Connection details” screen (maps are excluded from accessibility obligation).
The declaration was drawn up on the basis of a self-assessment carried out by the public entity.
Detailed information about the mobile applicationThe mobile application has been designed to be operated by the widest group of users.
We have made every effort to ensure that the application works as well as possible in conjunction with technologies:
- VoiceOver on iOS platform,
- TalkBack on Android platform.
Feedback and contact detailsIn case of any problems with mobile application accessibility, noticed errors or suggestions for changes in the application, please contact us at email@example.com. In the same manner, requests for access to unavailable information, requests for alternative forms of information and complaints about the lack of accessibility can be made. The contact method referred to above, is subject to provisions of the „Information for persons sending correspondence via email”.
The request should contain the details of the person submitting the request and an indication of the place in the application to which it relates (description of the activities performed in the application and the method of contact). If the person submitting the request notifies the need to receive information in an alternative form, they should also specify the form of that information. The above correspondence is subject to the provisions of the „Information for persons sending correspondence via email”.
The entity should comply with the request immediately and no later than within 7 days. If it is not possible to meet this deadline, the public entity shall immediately inform when it will be possible to comply with the request, which shall be no longer than 2 months. If accessibility cannot be ensured, the public entity may propose an alternative way to access the information.
Where an entity refuses to comply with a request for availability or alternative access to information, a complaint may be lodged against such action.
Once all options are exhausted, a complaint can also be sent to the Ombudsman.
Architectural accessibilityPKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. Centrala, 74 Targowa Street, 03-734 Warsaw.
The building is entered in the Register of Historical Monuments, therefore the possibility of changes increasing accessibility to the building for wheelchair users in the building’s architecture is limited.
- The building has two open entrances for employees and guests from ul. Targowa and from ul. Wileńska. There are stairs leading to both entrances. There are no driveways or platforms for wheelchairs at the stairs.
- There are no parking spaces for the disabled in the immediate vicinity of the building.
- Reception desks are located on the right from the entrances from ul. Targowa and from ul. Wileńska. Further passage is secured by gates which can be passed by a person in a wheelchair.
- There is a corridor at the reception desks and access to the lifts for people in wheelchairs. From the lifts, people in wheelchairs have direct access to the office floors in segments marked A, B, D and E. Due to the shift between floors of segment C and floors of segments designated as A, B, D and E, access to office floors of segment C directly from the lifts is difficult due to stairs.
- There are no disabled accessible restrooms in the building.
- After having informed the building’s security, people may enter the building and all its accessible premises with a seeing eye dog and a guide dog.
- There are no induction loops in the building.
- There are no Braille markings in the building, nor are there any contrasting or augmented printings for the blind and visually impaired.
- It is not possible to use a Polish sign language interpreter at the reception desk or elsewhere in the building.